Saturday 20 February 2010

Coping with New Technology in the Middle Ages

I was talking the other day to somebody who quite possibly is one of the few people on the planet who has not already seen this video about the Medieval codex helpdesk and I promised to send her the link. I thought I'd put it up here because (a) I like it, (b) it is sort of archaeological and I'm sure if I really put my mind to it I could find a link between it and "heritage" or something, c) I've not included anything that moves here for ages, (d) its a good deal better than the puerile Ronny Barker video on another related blog.

The sketch was written by Knut Nærum and appeared on the Norwegian show "Øystein og jeg" (NRK) in 2001. The helper is played by Øystein Backe and Rune Gokstad is the confused monk. There are many versions in the Internet, some with better video and some with more accurate subtitling than others, there is also an English remake - but frankly that is nowhere near as good as the original. This is quite a good version, though a bit dark on my monitor:

.
Of course there are still some people who have difficulties using books, even today
.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.