Monday 3 September 2012

Focus on UK Metal Detecting: Blame it on the Foreigners


UK metal detectorist "Stoppelhopser" writes (Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 pm) about "Day hawkers". The story goes:
Last Monday I visited one of my permission fields I've never been on before, right opposite a small village church. There were holes all over the place, I wasn't impressed to say the least! Anyway, I then went into the next field. More holes! Went home after an hour n half nothing worthwhile found. It was all rape stubble which didn't help. The gaffer says he doesn't know who made the holes.... I turned up today to detect to be told two Polish guys were found detecting on the fields in broad daylight! They SAID they couldn't understand English! When told the Police would be called they scarpered....Damn I also fish and have seen them take coarse fish from the canal of all places and have a go at the Canada geese. I do not dislike the Polish community, and I have no gripe with them, but what goes in Poland does not necessarily go in the UK.  
Umm, metal detecting without permission does not "go" in Poland. http://paul-barford.blogspot.com/2010/05/metal-detecting-without-permit-in.html. You get arrested for it, as is the case in many other European countries. Compared with the Polish system it seems to us here on the Continent that it is in Britain that "anything goes". Polish metal detecting rally in Britain next weekend.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.